Fanning the Flames

Fanning the Flames

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What if I Forgot?

What if I Forgot

What if I forgot everything and nothing was the same?
What if I closed my eyes and let go of the pain?
What if I remembered a different time and place?
What if I created a new outer space?
What if mother never did and father never said?
What if all my brothers were erased from my head?
What if all the pets I knew were never given names?
What if all my life so far -vanished- and my stories were not claimed?
What if I turned back the clocks or changed red into green?
What if I replayed a movie and rearranged each scene?
What if I believe that who - I am - I’m not.
And I transform my life, right here in this very spot?
Who would ever question what is false and what is real?
Could I change all that I know, and would I possibly be healed?
What if I imagine new thoughts and believe them with my heart?
Could I metamorphosis what’s broke- into a work of art?
What if I refuse my past without ever looking back?
Could I be?
Could I see?
A new me....... Perfectly intact


Richard Nedervelt
Sept 7, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment