Fanning the Flames

Fanning the Flames

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Moment Everyone.

I was just about to say, “Have a Happy New Year!” when I realized that though this is customary it goes against what I am trying to accomplish and that is being fully in the moment. So I sit here typing on the verge of the New Year and yet I am present, both in breathe and consciousness. I still have hopes and dreams and goals, but they can change at any moment so they are not to be worried over. What has happen over this last year has been difficult, but I have learned more because of the difficulties and my willingness to see what opportunity it brings. In this moment of the morning I chant AHHHHHHH, AHHHH it feels so good to just be here, AHHHHHHHH. In the evening I say, “Ommmm/Ohhhhhh” what a beautiful day this has been. Oh how I appreciate every little thing that has made this the day that it was. Walking in the sand the other day, close to the small breaks upon the shore, I saw the footprints I had made. I realized it was not these footprints that made me move forward but me willing myself forward. I had no reason to think the footprints were pushing me forward. Thus, why would I think my past is what pushing and guides me forward? It is only a passing memory that will vanish with the tide leaving no trace of what has passed. I am in this moment and only exist in this moment, nothing more and nothing less. It is how I interpret the past and how I plan the future that is relative on who I am and what I bring to the table from my continuous moments. When I meditate, pray, or chant, I am here and even when I drift I allow myself to return to my focus and the truth becomes clearer to me. I have been practicing this for some time now, but it is something I am still working on and will continue to work on.. I am a wonderful work in progress, and I am OK with that. I am Happy, at Peace, and with God and I wish Everyone a Happy New Moment throughout the rest of this year and beyond.

E laka E
E laka I ka Leo
E laka I ka Loa’a
E laka I ka Wai Wai
Me ka Mahalo Ihi

No comments:

Post a Comment