Fanning the Flames

Fanning the Flames

Thursday, December 16, 2010

I

I want to feel the land, the hills, and all things - all around
I want to live inside a breath and touch the living ground.
To know the peace within myself, contented in this space
I want to run so fancy free beneath the eyes of Grace.
And when the storms and rains appear - falling over me
I want to laugh and sing out loud at the beauty that I see.
Here beyond the trails I’ve chosen I know that I have lived
And though I sometimes trip and tumble - what a life I’ve lived.
I want to feel the love of people, of the Universe, and self
I want to give all that’s created, not horde it on some shelf.
I want to try the impossible and maybe even something more
I want to keep the children laughing, learning, and adored.
I want to find and light their candle and show them how to shine
To see this joy and their simple laughter would be one of the greatest gift we'd find.

No comments:

Post a Comment