Fanning the Flames

Fanning the Flames

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Four Locks of Gray


Four locks of gray, do you see what they say,
Why do I worry my life away?
No more hiding, nor crying,
No deceiving, or lying,
For today, I'm just being me.

Smiling a smile - I'll laugh for awhile
It will never be taken away.
For I've lived and died, and paid with my pride
And now, I've got something to say!

I am who I am - I do what I do
I’m living for me now and not just for you.
Please open your heart, and hear what I say
For there's more to me than the colors I wave.

You may be angry, confused, or sad,
But I too have felt these for so long.
Now all I wish is that you'll understand
So our friendship may grow twice as strong.

Don’t turn your back or run away
For I'm still the person you knew.
It's just that now, in this time and place
I must try and start anew.

For years I was silent and played the game
But now it is over and done.
For I’ve finally beaten this battle of life
Yes, at long last I have won....


Aug 5th, 1984
By Richard J, Nedervelt




No comments:

Post a Comment