Fanning the Flames

Fanning the Flames

Friday, September 3, 2010

Twilight to Twilight

This was written for a women who had just lost her son.

From your creation
From your desire
I flowed from known waters
Into your arms.
Like the old man and the sea
We knew one another.
You cradled me from twilight to twilight
Speaking to my soul, guiding me homeward
You were the calm and turbulent sea
Always pushing me up and forward
Through flowing blues and greens and
White curls breaking near the stern shore.

From known waters, we came forth
Onto this liquid blue orb
And though we ebb separately, we were never alone.
…But now without the confines of form
I have become breath
Lifting into the other blue
Evaporating into the light.
Now, I am a star burning bright
Guiding you from twilight to twilight.



02 Feb 2000
From Richard Nedervelt

No comments:

Post a Comment