Fanning the Flames

Fanning the Flames

Friday, September 3, 2010

In Verse

In verse I appear
in this moment of creation I dissolve into the unknown
only to reappear with words which I give form.
Beginning with a creative impulse,
random words receive their first pulse as a whole.
Though new, they have taken my life time to prepare
for their presence of being,for their awakening,
for their existence on this plain in which I write.

Now a blinking cursor fills the empty space where pen once filled paper
or feather fell upon parchment,
bringing into existence what my mind’s eye reveals at random.

Ancient words become present taking form in me
and then in minds unknown
breathing new life into space with each new reading.

In verse, I find what was lost and share what was given
In verse, I wake from my illusions and find truth in unlikely places.
In verse, I offer up the gifts hidden within me from birth
In verse, I appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment